Isle of Wight Hospitals - Longford Sanitorium, Havenstreet

Longford Sanitorium (Havenstreet) – closed 1955

printer icon
Picture of Longford House circa 1890
Longford House circa 1890

The Island Tuberculosis (IOW residents) Hospital in Havenstreet became Longford House, then a place for women and girls (mental health patients), who were transferred to Whitecroft.

August 1982 Earl Mountbatten House was opened using the converted West Wight Ward of the Fairlee Infectious Disease Hospital, providing ten beds; and was called Earl Mountbatten House Continuing Care Unit.

1983 charitable trust established to support the Continuing Care Unit.

Picture of Longford House
Longford House